Hi Everyone! October 19, 2023
I have the best news! Teresa Beer is officially a grandma as of Wednesday evening. Wesley Kai Waynetska was born at 5:13 p.m. and weighs 7lbs 10oz. Teresa reports that he is perfect! I have seen pictures and I totally agree. Congrats to his parents Austin and Jalani and of course Teresa!
I bought stamps at Costco and they are HOLIDAY stamps. It’s coming folks! The new November/December issue of The Upper Room is available in the entryway.
The Ad Board met this week and I’ll update you about some highlights. Remember everyone is invited to these meetings. Our Winter Festival will be on Friday, December 1st this year. We are trying to avoid the festivities put on by the city on Saturday the 2nd. We desperately need a new nativity team to display all of our beautiful treasures. If you are willing to serve in this way, please call the office or tell Glenora. Our festival will still feature an Italian Style dinner, nativity tour, cake walk (for Shane), a craft for kids, baked goods, raffle baskets, silent auction items and more. Save the date and please plan to help.
In the finance report we learned that with us switching from a ¼ time pastor to a full-time pastor is catching up with us financially. We brainstormed some ways to bring in more money so if you have ideas, please share them with someone on the Ad Board. Teresa Beer, one of our finance chairs will share information with the congregation in November.
Our men’s group worked hard last Saturday on clearing the gravel from the playground. That small square had so much gravel! We will be working on this project again so if you have muscles and a shovel, please help us out. Thanks to everyone who helped and who will help in the future.
The Boesches will host a Halloween Party on Saturday, October 28th at 5:00 p.m. Costumes are welcome but not required. Let’s make a good PUMC showing!
John Sandquist asked me to let you know that he and his friend Dayton are barbecuing on October 23rd. All of the regular items are available. John asks that you sign up on the sheet at church so they know what to buy. You can also call John at 208-739-6497. If you haven’t had John’s BBQ, you should!
Please plan to help us out with Trunk or Treat on Halloween from 5:00-6:30. Bring your trunk and some candy and make kids happy. Please let us know if you plan to come. Because of our congregation’s generosity, we have enough candy to keep our event going the whole 90 minutes! As always, thank you.
Thanks to everyone who helped with Gary Williamson’s funeral. People stepped up to help and the family appreciated it. A big thank you to Dianne’s friend Marcia Gray who has helped us many times.
I have a praise to share with you. Sharon and Ed Parsons celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary last week. They must have married very young! Congrats Parsons!
I have several prayer requests so I will list them this week.
· I received word that Larry Jeffries is not doing well. He and Irene asked for our prayers.
· Darby, Tony Irwin’s relative is unable to complete his treatment.
· Ron Collingwood’s granddaughter in Libby, Montana passed away last week.
· Butch, Sid Fry’s nephew has lung cancer and has started chemo.
· Randy Wright, Catherine Fry’s brother is having a medical procedure and Catherine would appreciate prayers.
· Bob Maynard has started chemo treatments and is struggling.
· My sister Carolyn and her husband Bill both have rebound Covid. Bill has been hospitalized again.
· Annie’s mom will have knee surgery very soon.
· Bonnie Hall is recovering from knee replacement and is doing well.
· Keep praying for Selby Wright and her kids.
· My friend Susan asked us to pray for her because of complicated family issues.
· James and Pastor Mary Beth ask for prayers for Faith and Grant. They have complicated family issues as well.
· Please keep the family and friends of Daniella Perez whose life was tragically cut short last week in Ontario.
· Let’s keep praying for peace in the Middle East and in Ukraine and for the families directly and indirectly impacted by these conflicts.
· Pray that our leaders come together for the good of everyone and do the job that we elected them to do.
· Pray for safe travels for Tony and Roxanne who have headed south for the winter. Bring them back safely to us!
· Lyna asks for prayer for Margaret Fosberg who is starting chemo therapy to fight breast cancer.
That’s a big prayer list but we all know that prayer works.
This is the time of year that I always ask for help in thanking Mahlon, our yard guy for his hard work and extra attention. No church grounds look better than ours. If you’d like to help with sending him a tip, please put it in the jar on one of the next two Sundays. Cash works the best. He doesn’t expect this tip but will sure appreciate it. If you’d like to write him a note, I will get it to him.
Enjoy these last few beautiful, perfect days of weather while they last. They are a gift.